Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I've been married to my True Love and Best Friend for 365 Days!

I really can't believe that it's been a year since I married Morgan Lynn Smyczek!

When we started talking about anniversary gifts, Morgan mentioned that she thought we should stick to the traditional wedding anniversary gifts. The first year is PAPER!?!? What do you get someone for their anniversary that is made of paper?

I read a bunch of anniversary gift ideas and there was a recurring theme about printing photos or commissioning a piece of art. Well, I'm not necessarily an artist, but I do work in design, so I commissioned myself to work this up.

Our vows, key wedding theme elements and out favorite wedding photos, printed as two 8x10 prints and mounted in matching frames. View Larger
After literally a year, I finally posted our lo-fi wedding video. No time like the present! Honestly, the video has been done for quite some time, but I just never got around to rendering out an HD version for the web. There is something hilarious about pushing out a HD version of a video that's layered in lo-fi effects.

Morgan wanted a Hi-8 wedding film. I gave her the best I could: footage from two HD video cameras rendered with lo-fi filters.
In continuing with the traditional wedding anniversary gift, next year is cotton. I have no idea what I'm going to do with that, so please start sending in your suggestions now.

No comments:

Post a Comment