Monday, December 31, 2012

Jeff's End of 2012



In 1991 I got a mixtape from a musical mentor that inspired me to start making my own mixtapes. For years I made quarterly, if not monthly, mixes of the newest, best, and craziest music I found, but over the past few years I've tragically neglected my year end mix.
  1. "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men from My Head is an Animal
  2. "Gold on the Shore" by Ty Segall from Twins
  3. "Real Boy"  by La Sera from Sees The Light
  4. "School Friends" by Now, Now from Threads
  5. "Tessellate" by ∆ (Alt-J) from An Awesome Wave
  6. "Tides" by The xx from Coexist
  7. "Disparate Youth" by Santigold from Master of My Make-Believe
  8. "Afica Mon Afrique" by Amadou & Mariam featuring Bertrand Cantat from Folila
  9. "Mountain Sound" by Of Monsters and Men from My Head is an Animal
  10. "Broken Clown" by Mumford & Sons from Babel
  11. "Down on the River by the Sugar Plant" by Mike Doughty from The Question Jar Show
  12. "Hold On" by Alabama Shakes from Boys & Girls
  13. "Road to Hell" by Sleigh Bells from Reign of Terror
  14. "I Bought My Eyes" by Ty Segall Band from Slaughterhouse
  15. "R U Mine?" by Arctic Monkeys from the non-album single "R U Mine?"
  16. "Please Be My Third Eye" by La Sera from Sees The Light
  17. "Breezeblocks" by ∆ (Alt-J) from An Awesome Wave
  18. "Lucie, Too" by Now, Now from Threads
  19. "Love Interuption" by Jack White from Blundebuss
  20. "Sweet" by Dave Matthews Band from Away from the World
My favorite album of the year, hands down, is An Awesome Wave by ∆ (Alt-J), but Of Monsters and Men's My Head is an Animal, Santigold's Master of My Make-Believe, Now, Now's Threads, Ty Segall Band's Slaughterhouseand La Sera's Sees The Light are all amazing albums from cover to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment